Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pink Eye, Snot, B-day Present, and More

Saturday morning I woke up and my left eye was kind of irritated. It was red and felt like I had sand in it. I bothered me all day but I didn't really think anything about it. Sunday morning when I woke up my eyelids where stuck together. GROSS! I cleaned it up but my eye was swollen, red and weepy all day. DOUBLE GROSS! I went into the doc on Monday and she told me what I already knew, pink eye! I have to put these drops in my eyes like a million times a day for the next week. And, I am one of those spastic kind of people who can not help but blink frantically when I know something is coming for my eyes so you can imagine how well 2 drops in each eye every 2 hours is going.

To make matters worse, Noah is sick. He is so snotty he has to come up for air when he is eating. I stink at using that snot sucker thing but I try my best. It is the saddest thing to hear him snoring up a storm when he is trying to sleep. He was running a fever all day Monday too but, thankfully, no fever today.

The 18th is my niece, T's, 1st B-day and we have all been invited over to celebrate with her on Sunday. Noah and I got her some bows for her gorgeous raven hair. I got out some scrap wrapping paper and ribbon and had it laid out in the floor. Noah helped me pick out everything I used to wrap the present. The 1st piece of wrapping paper he tried to eat is what I used to wrap it. Then he tried to eat a piece of white and pink ribbon. It didn't go with the paper but Noah felt strongly about it because when I took it away from him he threw a fit. So, on went the ribbon. Then he chose a piece of blue ribbon. Again, it didn't go with the paper but I think he was just wanting to counter balance the pink. Then he decided to go for a dramatic flare and he chose a piece of gold, shiny ribbon and on it went too. I wrapped it all up and put it under our tree and started to clean up. Noah, apparently, was not done with the present. He crawled over and picked it up and started to beat himself over the head with it, which he found hilarious by-the-way. Then he added a little love slobber to it to make it extra special. He really loves T!



Before I found out I was having a boy, I REALLY wanted a girl. I love my Noah more then I can express and wouldn't trade him for a million girls though. But, seeing the pictures of Carly and Beth's little girls has reminded me of how bad I want a girl. So, on a whim, I decided to play dress up with Noah a little bit. We were "testing" T's ribbons out for her. Chris is gonna kill me when he sees this. Heck, Noah is going to kill me for this when he gets older but people are always telling me he is too pretty to be a boy. What do ya think?

2 comments:

Jude and Ashley said...

I totally got pink eye too! I started noticing a wierd feeling in my eye Saturday night and during the night I woke up twice to clean my eye out. I went to the Doctor Monday morning also and had to get a steroid shot (I also have bronchitis...fun) and now I'm doing the drops as well.

Lisha said...

That is too funny! My grandma had three boys before she had my mom, and when she'd make a little dress for someone, she would try it on my Uncle Mark... I've seen some funny pictures. But, to calm Chris, Mark has turned out all guy! :) Hope you all are feeling better soon!