I remember sitting at the "little kids" table, drinking milk from these glasses and feeling so big and fancy. I would even try to hold it like I had seen people do on TV. We haven't used these in YEARS, ever since we all grew up and started having families of our own. I remembered these as my parents were moving and told my mom that I would really like to have them someday. She surprised me with them today. I am so excited to have them. They are so not fancy but I love them because of the memories. Since our family is so big now we can't use them at Thanksgiving. So, I thought that I would start a new tradition for my family. From now on, these "fancy" glasses are going to grace the Hozian table at Christmas breakfast. Picture Noah up at the table in his Christmas pj's, legs swinging, his favorite Christmas present in one hand and one of Grannie's fancy glasses full of milk in the other hand. I can't wait!
Thanks Mom, for the glasses and for the memories!
2 comments:
dont you just love those kind of memories?
Isn't it funny how your perception of things changes as you get older? Back then, you probably thought the glasses were the coolest part, but now, the coolest part is the memories!
Post a Comment