Wednesday, December 12, 2007

No Thanks, Santa!

I forgot to tell you about Noah's 1st experience with Santa. Chris and I decided to take Noah to get his picture taken with Santa on Saturday. Everyone told us to take him to the Santa at Parkway Place Mall because his beard is real so that is where we went. The line wasn't very long at all so I was stoked. Noah has always done really well with strangers. In fact, I can never go into Wal-Mart without at least 2 or 3 people stopping me to tell me how cute he is and Noah has started to flirt with these people. He will drop his head to the side and give them a big smile. When they laugh he will do it again, milking it for all he is worth. So, I wasn't worried about his reaction to Santa. I figured we probably wouldn't be able to get him to look away from Santa but I thought that would still be a cute pic. Our turn came and I introduce Noah to Santa and, as I suspected, Noah just stared at him with his mouth hanging open. Chris, the photographer, and I tried to get Noah to look at us by making fools of ourselves like good parents do. As soon as he saw me it's like he put 2 and 2 together and realized, "Hey, I don't know this hairy guy and my mommy is WAY over there!" His face started to crumble and it was down hill from there. I "rescued" him and got him to calm down. Then I decided to try it one more time. The minute I let go of him he let out this loudest yell and you know how it echos in there. So, we decided he wasn't a big fan of Santa. We will try again at the ward Christmas party this weekend. I'm curious to see how he reacts. My sis, D, said we should have taken the pic with him crying. That would have been funny but, oh well!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

That's so funny. My girls still aren't Santa fans if he gets too close... They want presents, not cuddling time! :)

Debbie said...

haha... I agree. You should have gotten him crying. I'm starting to learn that pictures don't have to be everyone perfectly in place with the picture perfect smile (although there are times when that is nice), but sometimes it's those real reactions and emotions that come out that give you the best memories. I will email you the picture that Jared took of Noah with Santa at the ward Christmas party. You only see Noah's profile, but you can definitely tell that he's not happy!