Monday, September 1, 2008

To Make or To Buy

So, I started contemplating what Noah is going to be for Halloween this year and I am coming up blank. Last year I knew for the longest that he was going to be Harry Potter and, let me tell ya, he was cuter than the real thing.

It was a really simple costume to put together so I didn't spend a lot of time and effort on it. But, like I said, this year I got nada! Chris suggested a pumpkin but, while his chubby cheeks scream "pumpkin!", I want to do something that is going to be a little bit different. Ya know?

I went online today to get some ideas. I found a few but I'm not married to any of them yet. The one I am leaning towards the most it this one (the dragon):

But, I also liked this one:

What do you think? Do you know any good sites for ideas and how-to's for homemade costumes? Maybe I should just buy one. What to do, what to do?!

8 comments:

shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shari said...

Martha Stewart has really cute home made costume ideas. I have used some of them before and they are pretty easy.

Dawn, said...

My favorite two costumes for my boys were a frog and bat. When Christian was a frog, he had a little sign on his back that said, "Honest, I'm really a prince!" I love the bat costume too but I think the scrapbook page I did for it was my favorite thing, giggle. I could try and hunt down the pics if your interested.

Clarissa said...

He would be precious in any costume with those cutie cheeks! I've been trying to figure out what we're doing for Mark too!! Good luck!

Dawn, said...

PS - I remember seeing a baby YODA last year that made me laugh out loud. And while we were out as a family, do you remember seeing that little boy as the 'cat in the hat'? That would be a VERY easy one to make. Just a few thoughts that came later to me

Lisha said...

familyfun.com has lots of fun ideas, that's where I came up with Carden's ice cream cone last year. I'm impressed you are so on the ball. To be honest, Halloween has not even crossed my mind.

Mandy said...

If you decide you like the yoda idea, that's what Jack was last year - I think his costume was a 2T - just let me know and I'll find it!

Lisa said...

I'd go for a store bought one. but that's just me. does that mean I'm a bad mom???