Drum roll........I lost 1 1/2 lbs last week! I am proud and satisfied. But, there are some improvements that I can make this week based on my week last week.
I definitely need to drink more water. There was one day last week that I was so thirsty at around 2:00pm and, as I got to thinking, I realized that I hadn't drank anything all day. So, I got a container that is 32 oz and my goal is to drink 2 of those a day. I dread the mad dashes to the bathroom but I need more water.
My biggest weakness is that I have a sweet tooth the size of Africa! I can totally see why they say overeating is an addiction. I feel like I am addicted to snacking. I think about all kinds of goodies all the time. It is insane to expend that much thought on food. So, I need to do more to distract myself so I don't have as much time to sit and dream about mint chocolate chip ice cream. Oh, the creamy goodness. NO! I will not obsess, I will not obsess.
I did really well on my workouts. My goal was an hour a day for 5 out of 7 days. I walked 5 hours and 45 min throughout the week so I exceeded my goal by a bit. I also stopped my after hours snacking and didn't eat anything after 7:00. After Noah goes to bed at about 8:00 is when that voice in my head starts telling me that I need a snack but I resisted.
This week I am going to work on drinking and incorporate some very simple strength training exercises like push ups, squats, etc. I found a great website that has a ton of different exercises you can do to tone different parts of the bod. When you get a sec check out this site:
http://www.strength-training-woman.com/index.html. Look at the sidebar to the left on the site and click on Toning.
How did you guys do?
9 comments:
Way to go Cari! That is awesome. I am exercising more than I was before...we will just put it that way. My problem is food! When I eat I eat too much. And then I always have to have my chocolate. It is horrible! It really is an addiction
Woohoo! 1 1/2 pounds is a great accomplishment! You inspire me! I have the constant mental food battles, too. No fun, and I, too, wonder why I can't stop obsessing about all the yumminess there is to be had!
Great job baby!
Congrats!! I'm doin' it too but my scale is broken!! I haven't figured out if that is good or bad...haha
That is great, Cari!
I did really well week before last, but this past week I was so naughty.
I understand completely about sweets. I decided to look at it as an addiction the other day. I think that is going to help me make better choices.
Let's hope so anyway.
Good luck this week!
I'll be thinking about you...
Woohoo!
Great job! Sounds like you are staying motivated.
Way to go, Cari! I have a real problem with late night snacking, too.
I just saw what book you were reading, and I may have to borrow it! I've heard so many people talking about it.
Post a Comment