Monday, March 17, 2008

Hot Momma Monday

I am so excited to report that I lost another 1 and 1/2 lbs this week! So, I am back on track and averaging a pound a week, which was my goal.

My focus this week is going to be on cracking down on my snacking. I tend to rationalize that if it is a "healthy" snack then it is okay to have 3 and 4 snacks a day. Oh, if only it was okay. Sigh.

I also still need to work a little harder on my portion control. I use to divvy up our plates for dinner and immediately put the leftovers away so that it wouldn't be so much of a temptation to go back for seconds but I have gotten out of the habit. I am going to get back to it.

I have said for several weeks now that I need to develop a strength training routine but I have yet to do that with any consistancy. That is goal #3 for this week.

My cardio workouts are going well I think. I do find it a million times easier to work out during Noah's morning nap rather then working out after he goes to bed at night. It is so much easier to make excuses at night.

How was your week?

p.s. I have to brag on my sis, Misty. She lost 3.8 this week! Jealous!
p.s #2: I made 2 other posts today so be sure to scroll on down and check them out too.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Woohoo! Doesn't it feel great to see the number on the scale get smaller! I am always so happy when I see it!

Debbie said...

Immediately putting up the leftovers is a good idea, and actually... they say that it's better to eat 5-6 small meals than 3 big meals a day, so eating those healthy snacks isn't so bad, I guess, as long as you keep the portion size of the other meals under control. (i'm not a nutrition expert or anything.. i'm just trying to sound helpful.. haha)

Lisa said...

Congrats!! I love your idea about putting the food away right away. I'm going to start doing that too!! thanks!!

Lacey Freeman said...

Hooray for you!

Lisha said...

Great job Cari and MISTY!!! Woohoo! I'm recommitting this week, vacation was rough!

danakat said...

Congrats on the loss!
You are doing so good!

So what books will you move on to when these are done?