Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Clueless Captivity

I have been going through a purging phase lately. The clutter that has built up in my house over the last year is driving me insane. So, I have made it my goal to get rid of everything that I have not used in the last 6 mos. This is going to be a very long process but I am determined!

This morning I was going through a trunk full of books and organizing them and putting most in a box to be donated to the library. Noah was determined to "help" by taking every book I put in the box and distributing them randomly throughout the house. Counter productive to say the least. Finally, after threats and even a swat weren't enough to convince him his "help" was not needed, I got smart. I decided he needed to be CONTAINED! I strapped him in the highchair, turned on cartoons, and gave him plenty of snacks and crafting supplies. HA! It worked like a charm. He didn't even realize he was being held captive and I was able to continue my sorting in unassisted bliss. Ahhhhhh!

5 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...

What a smart mom!!

Beth said...

Great idea! When I tried to get together our taxes (which is a major ordeal with 8 1099s, 2 property flips, stocks, etc) Addie thought it was her job to unstack and mess up everything I just did. It was a nightmare! I finally gave her a box of crayons and a coloring book. My rugs and couches now have some colorful streaks on them that have to be scrubbed, but I got it done! :)

Debbie said...

It's always nice when little tricks like that work!

Clarissa said...

I don't know if you want to go through the trouble. But one of the Madison wards is doing a children's book drive if you want to donate them over there? A little far away from you guys though. (And if only I could keep Mark still for that long!!!)

The Hollingshead Fam said...

Hey Cari,
This post had less comments so... looking at pictures Alisha took of your kids - they are SO ABSOLUTELY CUTE!!! Eden is beautiful, Congratulations! And yeah, I think I'd vote for Noah. :)
Rebekah