We had her check up on Monday. She weighed in at 8lbs 14oz. She has gained 2lbs and 1oz since birth. She is in the 50th percentile for weight, height, and head size. Gotta love a completely average girl!
Her personality is starting to show more and more and lets just say, she is definitely Mayfield! She hasn't quite reached "diva" status yet but I fear it isn't far off. She has a mind of her own and doesn't mind sharing it when the need arises, say when she is hungry or if she wants to let me know that she very much does not appreciate a cold wipe being applied to her warm bum.
I have a confession to make. When Noah was a baby I had tons of friends who had kids at around the same time. Noah was the only one that was sleeping through the night at a month and a half. And, before that, I used to have to wake him up to feed him to make sure he was getting what he needed. And, here lies the confession, I was vain about that fact. I was so smug (only to myself) because my kid was so good and I really didn't relate to those poor, insanely sleep deprived mommies. Well, Heavenly Father totally has a sense of humor and knows the very best ways to humble and teach. Eden is a HORRIBLE sleeper...at night. She snoozes away during the day, even sleeping through the madness that is Garden Club on Thursday. But, at night, she feels the need to wake up every 2 hours, eat for 10 minutes if I'm lucky, fall into a coma from which it is impossible to wake her, only to wake up 2 hours later to repeat the whole process. I bow my head in shame for the smugness I felt over my "perfect" child and forthwith acknowledge that I had nothing to do with it, he was just the luck of the draw. Now, don't get me wrong. I absolutely ADORE my little girl, and I chant that to myself in rhythm to the rock of the recliner at 10:00, 12:00, 2:00....
One good thing comes from all the time spent in the recliner with her. I have plenty of "stare" time. You know what I mean. Those moments when you just stare at them in awe, with feelings of utter gratitude washing over you. Those moments when, even though you are so exhausted you can barely think straight, you wouldn't really want to be any where else. Yeah, those are the moments that get me through the night.
Moving on. Eden's hair is usually the 1st thing that people exclaim over. First, because she has a ton of it, and second because she has highlights. Seriously. The roots are a dark brown and the tips are a dark blond. I have tried to capture it on film to share but it doesn't really show up well. Can you see it?
She has the most active tongue I have ever seen. She is like a little lizard or something, testing the air with her tongue. And her tongue is insanely long too. It is very "Kiss"ish.
Lately she and I have been bonding over our hatred for her brother's favorite toy. He got a remote control Tigger for Christmas. It rolls forward and backward and talks and sings. To say he loves the thing would be a serious understatement, thus, I have to listen to it ALL DAY LONG! Poor Eden's little lip will start to quiver and she will let out a pathetic whimper and then shake her head from side to side as if to say, "For the love of all that is holy, NOT THAT THING AGAIN!!" Amen sister!
Aside from hating his beloved Tigger, Eden seems to enjoy her big brother. He obviously adores her. He stands guard over her all the time and is constantly "sharing". I have to be really watchful because I found him introducing her to Cheerios the other day. He is always worried about her being cold and will cover her with any and everything in sight. She patiently endures his affections and rewards his love with a lick to the face if he gets close enough. He is not quite sure what to think of her reciprocation.
Noah has taken to wrapping his Handy Manny in a blanket and carrying him around. I have also spotted him burping Manny. So funny. But, the ultimate in entertainment is when he brings me his toy and informs me that Manny has a "shooshoo" (aka. dirty diaper).
I am sharing the pic below simply because I think he is too handsome!
I seriously don't know how I would have survived the last month without my Mom and sisters. They have met me for doctors appointments countless times, watched the kiddos so I could attempt to catch up on sleep, and offered desperately needed advice when I have called in the midst of complete hysteria. Saying I am thankful for them seems really quite pathetic but that is what I am, completely, totally, and wholeheartedly, THANKFUL!
7 comments:
That boy is VERY Handsome. Love the Picture. He is going to be a looker when he gets older as well! He is so sweet and gentle with the baby it looks like.
I love her blond tips! Noah is so sweet loving Manny!
haha.. well, I wouldn't wish the sleep deprivation torture on anyone, but I do have to say that I totally feel your pain. I just hope for you that it won't last a whole year like it did with Taylor!! I am very anxious to see how the next one will be. I definitely need my sleep to be able to keep up with Taylor.
Yeah, you really can't capture Eden's highlights in a picture. I tried getting a picture of them, too. I can't believe it has been a month already!
Noah is such a cutie. He is so sweet with her.
I can't believe she is a month old.
yep, the cruel joke of being given a 'sleeper' first and then the slam of a 'non-sleeper' next. It why mothers bond so deeply with other mothers... we get it... and lack of sleep is the MOST understood topic of mommies!
Love her hair. Your little man is a handsome little guy. Sorry you are getting sudh little sleep but enjoy the stare time. It disappears all too soon.
carden
Noah is such a big brother like
Natedog
Post a Comment