He was saying "baby" and "boo boo" but now he says "ba boo" for both. Oh well. He will also say "I", wait for you to say "love", and then he will follow, lips puckered, with a "you". I am living for the day when he will say the entire phrase. Everyone he encounters falls instantly in love with him because they are usually greeted with a grin and a "Hi!" And he leaves um with a pudgy hand pumping and a "Bye" spoken like a true southerner.
He has started to show more interest in cartoons. I try not to let him watch too much but, man, it is helpful to be able to distract him to get a load of laundry folded or the floor mopped.
He is insanely independent. He hardly ever wants to be held anymore. Sigh. Like tonight, we went on a walk. He lasted in his wagon for about 5 minutes and then protested loudly at being restrained with the seat belt. So, we let him out to walk, thinking he would get tired fairly soon. He had other plans in mind. He walked the entire way after that. He even helped Daddy pull and push the wagon. Whenever we tried to put him back in the wagon, he would respond with a firm, "No" and kept on truckin' his bow legged, determined walk. (I have to try to remember to bring my camera and get some footage of his walk. It is so hilarious to watch from behind.) I had to smile, even as I shook my head over his stubbornness.
He is totally in love with his daddy. Chris will get down in the floor to do his stretches and Noah will get right down with him. Noah loves to "help" his daddy work out the kinks.
His favorite spot in the house is behind the couch cushions. He burrows himself in there with a toy and will play or watch cartoons for the longest.
He still loves to dance. The boy will invent a beat out of anything. He will dance to the house alarm, the toilet flushing, sirens in the distance, airplanes in the sky, you name it. He's got skill, if I do say so myself. He gets it from me.
And lastly, if I have left you with any doubt as to the magnitude of the cuteness that is my son, I think this last video will erase those doubts. Not many people could pull this off like he does.
Eden is doing well. She is definitely making her presence known more and more. We got her some really adorable clothes at the outlets in San Destin. I got an amazing deal on her blessing dress from Strausburg. It is exactly what I wanted. I am so excited for her to get here so we can play dress up.
I had to see my doc this week because I have a sinus infection that I just couldn't kick. I am the kind of person that I absolutely CANNOT sleep if I can't breathe through my nose. So, after over a week with zero sleep, I finally went in, in a zombie like state, to get some drugs. (A big THANK YOU to all the family who kidnapped Noah in an effort to help me catch some Z's!) He went ahead and checked all the normal baby stuff while I was there and then informed me that it was time to start coming every 2 weeks. My jaw hit the floor. I couldn't believe that it was that time already. Club of "Mommy of 2", here I come!
9 comments:
Noah in deed is the cutest little bobble head sleepy head I have ever seen. Laughed out loud! He is sure to be a future Bishop, dozing off on the stand, giggle!
He is the "Lord of the Dance"! There is nothing funnier then him dancing to nothing. I do love me some Newneyton. he...he... (One of my many,many, nicknames for the poor boy.)
oooh he is a cutie! He has lost most of his baby face and looks like a "big" boy now. I love the sleepy lunch video. That is hilarious.
I have to tell you...it just gets better and better. Little boys are brilliantly funny. And that head bob he throws into his throwdown is a riot!!
I just scheduled my first 2-wk apt. too! I think my heart leapt into my throat when she said it & started asking if I'd had contractions yet! It's so scary & exciting! We will both be ooo-ing and awww-ing over our baby girls before you know it...
omg that last video was PRECIOUS!
He is indeed a cutie! I haven't seen him with this haircut - guess it's been awhile since I've seen you - Jess and Davids wedding if I remember right. Anxiously awaiting more updates and some pictures of a beautiful baby girl, with her awesome parents and big brother!
The mean mommy couldn't put the poor baby to bed??
Wow! I can't believe you are already going every 2 weeks! I can't wait to see little Eden! And Noah is just the cutest...I wanna see that walk of his! =)
Post a Comment