Monday, October 27, 2008

This and That With Noah

I have been replaced as the love of my son's life...by a man...kind of. Noah got a new toy this week and HE LOVES IT. He carries Manny around with him everywhere.

When we brought Manny home the 1st day Noah immediately went to the toy basket, got his little piano, turned it over, and proceeded to stick Felipe (the Phillips head screwdriver) in the wholes in the bottom of the piano where the screws are located. I tell you, he is a genius!

Noah made a few new discoveries this week. Apparently, mashed potatoes add texture and shine when plopped by handfuls on top of the head.

Who needs a seesaw when you have a round clothes basket?

We spent hours at Tate Farms on Saturday. Noah had so much fun. He marched around like he owned the place. We started out at the slides. He went down over and over again and his adorable smile never left his face.

Next we moved on to the tricycles. Daddy wasn't pushing fast enough for Noah's satisfaction so he started rocking back and forth in an effort to pick up some speed.

Then came various climbing apparatus. Noah didn't want any help. He climbed and bounced til his hearts content.


One of his favorite things was the corn crib. He would have stayed in there all day if we let him. I even found out that they sell the corn by the bushel. My MIL offered to buy enough to fill a small sandbox we have. Noah is going to flip.


His absolute favorite thing was the bunnies. Chris had a hard time trying to keep Noah from snuggling the poor bunny to death. He was so cute though. He just loved on it and petted it. He called it baby at one point.

He liked the other animals as well. Another mom there commented on how brave he was because he just walked right up to the goats with a handful of grass. I told her he had a little experience with goats and donkeys thanks to his Aunt Dawn.

By the time we made it to the donkey I think it had had enough of being petted because it ran away from us. This is Noah yelling at it to get back here!

Noah marched from one thing to another and had a blast.

By the time we got on the hayride to get a pumpkin it was WAY past naptime and Noah was pretty much over it. We found an awesome pumpkin and headed out as soon as we could after that. It was a great day and I can't wait to go back next year with lil Eden in tow.

7 comments:

danakat said...

That was great! I felt like I was back at Tate Farms. I think boys get the most mileage out of all the stuff there. Looks like Noah did too. He's such a doll!
I can't wait to see him in his Halloween costume so I hope you're posting pictures.

Lacey Freeman said...

Ah, I love love love Tate Farms and I am so jealous because EVERY single one oef you Alabamians have pictures of your trip to the farm...and it just makes me homesick! Chase loved Tate Farms when we went and he was Noah's age...he did much the same things as Noah. We found corn in his diaper after we were done..we had a hard time getting him out of there too!

aunt mimi said...

He looks so big in these pictures. I don't like it. he...he... It probably has something to do with the fact that he has grown 3 inches in 3 months, huh? I love, love the bunny picture. He is so a lover and not a fighter.

Dawn, said...

That boy lives life!! So thankful all of you sweet mommies post your pumpkin farm pictures, they are the funnest to see.

Beth said...

I can't believe how much older he looks! We are still finding random corn kernels around the house. How much fun! Addie and I love Manny! We watch him on Sunday mornings while we wait on Dad to wake up.

Sandy said...

Cari your little one is the cutest little guy. He really is a beautiful child. But Of course he would be, look at his moma! He looked like he was having so much fun. You are such a good mommy! I so enjoy watching you girls with your babies. I am just so proud of you!

Lisha said...

Ah, the pumpkin patch is the best!!! I remember Carden at a year 'loving' the bunnies just like Noah... that picture brought back some great memories! Thanks for sharing!