I love my son with everything in me but, lately, he has seriously been getting on my nerds! Let me lay out my grievances.
He has always been a really mellow kid that would go to anyone and be perfectly happy. But, just in the last week or so he has taken leave of his senses and become sooo clingy. All of the sudden he has developed a flare for dramatics. If I am not in his eyesight he will scream at the top of his lungs and he won't give it up, even if Chris is holding him. I have let him go on for like 20 minutes a couple of times and it just seems to make things worse. He has become 10 times more cuddly too (which, I admit, is a perk). He will lay there with his head on my shoulder for the longest, just popping up occasionally when something grabs his attention. But, if I set him down and, heaven forbid, leave the room, he goes hysterical. He had a meltdown in Old Navy today because I was pushing him in his stoller and because I had him forward facing he couldn't see me. He started screaming but as soon as I came around the front of the stroller he stopped and gave me a snotty smile.
Chris and I are trying to get our house ready to sale and I can't get anything accomplished during the day anymore. I'm going crazy!!
Advice?
4 comments:
I would say it's just a phase... although not a fun one! I'd be up to watching him anytime, screaming and all, to let you get some work done around the house.
Evie was never that way, but like Noah, Liese has recently gotten clingy. At first I thought it was cute because she wanted me and not daddy. Now I'm like "I need a break!" She wants me to hold her more and more and will cry until I pick her up. Then when I do pick her up its like nothing was ever wrong to begin with. Babies!
I read in a magazine that clinginess is a developmental stage. I liked that theory because it was positive and did not make my child sound like a needy crybaby.
As far as not getting anything done...welcome to the wonderful world of "oh, that's what it's like to have a son". Just take a deep breath and be prepared to lose a few hours of sleep at night. You'll adapt...you're a mommy. You can do anything. :)
I completely understand! I love Taylor with all my heart, but sometimes I am just like "Please leave me alone!!" There are some days when she is totally content playing with her toys, but then there are other days when she wants to do nothing but crawl all over me all day long, and she cries if I put her down. It's so hard to get anything done when she's like that. Sorry, I don't really have any advice for you because I'm still trying to figure it out myself ;-)
Post a Comment