Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Heart Christmas!!

Prepare yourselves for a marathon post!

Last Friday Chris, Noah and I put up our Christmas tree. I put the tree together while Chris played with Noah. I would let Noah touch the branches before I put them on the tree and he was not a fan. It was the funniest thing to see his expression. He looked totally sicked out by them. So, luckily, I haven't had any problems with him getting into the tree. Chris put the lights on but before he got done Noah was ready for bed so he didn't get to see the tree that night. Saturday morning I took him into the living room and I plugged in the lights and his eyes got as big as saucers. I had the lights twinkling and his eyes were going all over the place trying to take it all in. It was so cute.
Here is my tree.


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my tree topper. Alisha made it. Isn't he cute?!


These tins are hung on the wall above my sofa. I recycle my favorite cards from year to year and use them as decorations. I have just used magnets to hang them on my tins.


These Willow Tree figurines where an early Christmas gift from Chris. I saw them in a Hallmark store and, I kid you not, I actually felt the Spirit when I saw them for the 1st time. Aren't they amazing? They are huge. The Joseph is 15 inches tall. Gorgeous! I made the sign.


This is a nativity set that Dawn gave me. It is probably my favorite Christmas decoration after my new Willow Tree set.

I think I may have to find a new place to set it up though.


I don't have a fireplace so I am hanging our stockings on my coat rack. I made it from an old black shutter. The stockings I got from Target and they light up. Noah really likes them.


This is the corner to the right of my sofa. Dawn made the stars and Chris got me the nativity last Christmas.


And lastly, this is in the corner of my front porch.


I want to make a sign or two still but for the most part this is it for this year.

How is your decorating coming?

9 comments:

chozian said...

We got "The Christmas Story" Willow Tree set brand new off of eBay for an awesome price. You should be able to save about 25% compared to purchasing locally if you get it from eBay.

danakat said...

Unfortunately I can't decorate until after the Festival because half of my stuff goes TO the Festival. It is killing me because I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I start with the carols before Halloween.
I LOVE your stuffs! Don't even know where to start...just love it all! And did you just whip out that amazing font for "O Holy Night"? I am in love with that!
And I love your stripey curtains...fun!

Lisha said...

I have a few comments...

First, I just got "the chozian one." Chris, you make me laugh!

Second, that is still the tree topper I use, and I love him! For those of you that have read my nativity blog, this is by the artist Susan Jill Hall. It makes me happy you like him, too, Cari!

Third, I LOVE that new Willow Tree Nativity. I saw it in the Christmas Deseret Book catalog about a month or so ago and fell in love (since doing the Christmas festival, my goal is to collect a new nativity every year, and this is the one I want this year... hopefully), and then I saw it in person at Cracker Barrell when Nate and I were in Birmingham and was absolutely breathtaken! It is so beautiful and captures the emotion of our Savior's birth so well! So, I am jealous!

Fourth, your sign is amazing. I AM going to have to bum that pattern from you. I need to get you baby stuff anyways, so maybe I can talk you into letting be borrow it? Did you download the font from that same sight? I need someone to teach me how to download fonts, for some reason I can't get it to work for me.

Beautiful work, you are amazing!

Lisha said...

Oh, and I love those stars Dawn made... the ones on the branches held up by the curly wire. Those are one of my faovrite holiday decorations, too.

Cari said...

The font I used is called Scriptina and yes, I got it off the same sight. I could print it off for you in any size you want. It is gorgeous.

Jude and Ashley said...

Your whole little family is so crafty! I should probably say your whole big family. I love it all!

Lacey Freeman said...

okay so you're amazing. i want some more of those tins...i have one, but i just love it and when i get my place i want more!!

Debbie said...

Thanks, Chris! I will have to look for that on eBay. I actually saw the new Willow Tree nativity in the Deseret Book catalog, but we definitely don't have money to buy it at regular price. Cari, I LOVE the O Holy Night sign! I may have to steal that idea. When are you making your other signs, or have you already? Maybe we can get together one day. I love the tree topper that Alisha did.

Debbie said...

Oh, and I love the stockings on the coat rack. We don't have anywhere to put our stockings either so I put them on top of the armoire. We will have to get a tiny stocking for Taylor to go in the middle so it doesn't block the cable box.