Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Plague

Chris wasn't feeling all that good this weekend but I wrote it off as him just being a complainy pants. But then on Monday Noah woke up with a nose almost completely clogged yet it still managed to run all down his face. He wasn't his normal happy self and all he wanted to do all day was sleep. I had to wake him up to eat. I called Dr. Allen's office and they said to monitor him for 24 hrs and see how he did. (He wasn't running a temp thank goodness.) The next day he was still snotty but he was acting more normal and seemed more interested in eating. But then Wednesday rolled in. He slept for just shy of 12 hrs Tuesday night. I had to wake him up to eat again. And he woke up with the most horrible, gut-wrenching cough. I called Dr. Allen's office right when they opened. She had me bring him in. I was sure my baby had pneumonia or the black plague or something. But, no. He has something much worse. A COLD! He is the saddest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. He just coughs and coughs. His nose has a continual drip that he apparently finds tasty. He is stuck like velcro to me (okay, okay, i don't mind that one so much.) But the absolute worse part of it is that he is hoarse from coughing and from drainage. It is the most pathetic sound in the entire world when he cries. Last night he fell asleep while he was eating so I put him to bed. I was in the kitchen straightening up and I heard the worlds worst sound. Chris yelled down the hallway asking if I wanted him to get Noah. I yelled yes as I barreled past him, knocking him on the bed. As I scooped that poor baby up I was literally on the verge of tears, that's how sad it sounded. It totally broke my heart. Can you imagine when something worse happens to him? I am going to be useless! He is somewhat better today but definitely still not 100%. Then guess who woke up this morning feeling like death warmed over? That's right, MOMMY! If this is what my poor baby felt like I just can't stand the thought of it. I am sure we will all survive but if you haven't heard from me in a couple of days, someone send an ambulance.

2 comments:

chozian said...

You're always exaggerating! You didn't knock me onto the bed. If my memory is correct, I got in there a little sooner than you did.

Debbie said...

Aww... luckily, I haven't had to deal with Taylor getting sick yet. I'm sure I would be the same way. I hope you ALL start feeling better soon!