Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowmageddon


Yesterday we woke up to an INSANE amount of snow. Nine inches?!?!?! WHA?!


The kiddos where beside themselves. Noah kept telling me, "Wake you, Mommy!" (translation: Thank you, mommy). For the hugs and kisses that ensued, sure, I'll take credit.

After the TORTURE! of getting everyone dressed, we headed out. Noah didn't let the fact that the snow came up to his knees slow him down. He just barreled his way through. Eden had the same determination but, alas, with the snow reaching her lil bum, she was pretty much stuck.

We attempted a run with a power wheels but it was a no go. Chris got it to go a bit on the road but it was rough so he and Noah decided to have a snowball fight instead.
Eden and I spent most of our time on the road where some cars where nice enough to have left some tracks so she could actually walk around.

We spent some more time outside today. Noah was just as excited....

Eden?

Uuummm...not so much.
Despite the tears...and whining...and clinging...and whining, we managed to start a fort. Noah and I needed something to defend ourselves against Daddy and his 'monster snowballs'.

Is my husband the only one that sees nothing wrong with throwing a snow cluster at a 3 year old that is basically the same size as said 3 year old?

Looking forward to adding more onto our fort and doing some snow painting tomorrow. I'm wondering if Daddy is going to have another day off of work. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Lee Family said...

I love that picture of Eden where she is crying b/c she had to keep playing in the snow. Haha! Adorable pics of Noah. How fun to have all this snow.