I have been stressed lately.
Just everyday-life-with-2-kiddos-and-a-hubby kinda stress.
But stress nonetheless.
Crafting is my stress relief.
I decided a few weeks ago that I need more time to spend on
MY NEEDS.
I know, scandalous for a mom to admit, right?
So I determined that the time between when the kids go to bed and when I go to bed is
all for me.
Too bad if the dinner dishes just didn't get done.
Too bad if there is laundry to be folded, or floors to mop, or shopping lists to be made..........
I just need my ME TIME.
But, I have kinda hit a creative wall.
I have the problem of there being so much that I want to do that I don't know where to start.
I like challenges/goals.
They help to give me focus.
So I thought I would issue a challenge to any who wanted to join me.
What can you create for $5?
Redo a piece of furniture?
Create/spruce up an article of clothing for yourself or a loved one?
Fill a long empty flower pot?
Add a touch of art to a barren wall?
Make a thoughtful gift for a friend in need?
Organize you sad junk drawer?
Oh, the possibilites!
You have until next Friday (the 18th) to work your frugal magic.
Post about it on your blog.
I will have a Mr. Linky set up so you can then come to MY blog and create a link back to your post so everyone can take a look at the goodness.
Create as many things as you want as long as each individual project doesn't exceed 5 bucks!
Anyone wanna play?
6 comments:
Speaking of sprucing up an article of clothing did you make the flower on your cardigan at kaytis grad party? If so! It was absolutely adorble! A must have! Like for real I want one :)
I'm in! I love a good frugal challenge! Now to find time to squeeze something in. :)
Sounds like fun!
The kids naptime was always my "me-time". I think every mom needs some time for herself to recharge... and we shouldn't feel at all guilty about it. I'm proud of you!!
The challenge sounds fun. I'll have to see what I can come up with this week.
I can make pillowcase dresses out of remnant fabric and ribbon or two bandannas and ribbon.
Okay - so chances are I won't get anything done - I never do - but I wanted to pass along a FANTASTIC blog that does exactly this - crafty stuff for really cheap. www.domestically-speaking.com. I'm pretty sure it will make your "drool" list. Love it!
Post a Comment