My work-horse of a mother has graciously been lending me her endless energy and wisdom in helping me get my jungle of an overgrown yard under control.
We have spent many a morning out there fighting back 'the beast'.
I purposely did not take before pictures because, well, it was really scary.
If you drive by my house, the serious mountain of black trash bags and tree limbs will attest to how bad it was.
We are not completely done yet so the after pictures will have to wait, but I did want to document proof of the hard work going on around here.
We have spent many a morning out there fighting back 'the beast'.
I purposely did not take before pictures because, well, it was really scary.
If you drive by my house, the serious mountain of black trash bags and tree limbs will attest to how bad it was.
We are not completely done yet so the after pictures will have to wait, but I did want to document proof of the hard work going on around here.
For those of you thinking, 'Why the heck is she doing heavy duty yard work without any shoes on?', this is the nastiness that found it's way into my shoes. Noah's feet bare grass because he was our errand boy. He loves to have a task. Gotta love it.
I am bad about forgetting to get my gloves and then being too lazy to go back into the house to get them. Pathetic, I know. And this is what I have to show for my patheticness.
So not pretty. They are not feeling too pretty at the moment either.
It will all be worth it when I can let Noah loose in the backyard without worrying that something will emerge from the jungle and take him prisoner.
It will all be worth it when I can let Noah loose in the backyard without worrying that something will emerge from the jungle and take him prisoner.
5 comments:
I don't envy you right now! I'd definitely splurge on a mani/pedi when you finish! My yard needs some serious lanscaping. We've tackled the "jungle" part and it would be done if it weren't for our darn dogs digging up all the new grass we grow over and over again.
Gotta love ya some yard work and the beauty that comes with it!
How lucky you are to have a mom to help you!
Ouch! Good job getting out there! I knwo how hard that can be with all you have to do! You definitely deserve and mani and a pedi!
Ouch! Good job getting out there! I knwo how hard that can be with all you have to do! You definitely deserve and mani and a pedi!
Post a Comment