Monday, June 22, 2009

Yucka, Father's Day, and My 1/2 Year Old

On Tuesday Noah kept pointing in his mouth and telling me "booboo".
I looked and looked, flashlight and all, and couldn't see anything.
His second molars are coming in on the bottom and are close to coming in on the top so I figured it was that.
I put a call into Uncle Shawn, the Super Dentist, just to be on the safe side.
He agreed that Noah was definitely at that age where the molars become an issue.
On Wednesday we met up with Aunt Mimi, Aunt Dawn, and 5 or 6 of the cousins to go bowling.
Noah was definitely in a mood. He was clingy and whiny the whole time.
And, he kept putting his hand in his mouth.
GROSS!
Who knows how nasty those bowling balls are.
After bowling we went to McDonald's and I got him a cheeseburger, thinking that would be something pretty soft that he could eat.
He took one bite and broke into tears.
It was so sad.
I called Shawn's office and begged them to let me bring him in for Shawn to take a look.
They took pity on me and we took him on over.
Shawn looked at him under the light and with his special sexy glasses (you know the ones!) and he couldn't see anything either.
Sigh.
I took him home and gave him a dose of Tylenol to try to help with the pain.
He still refused to eat that night.
By the next morning he was running a fever of 102 and was still refusing to eat or drink anything.
I called the doctor and got him an appointment.
I was afraid he had strep because some of the kids that Misty takes care of had strep the week before.
So, I went in totally expecting the diagnosis of strep.
I was way off.
Hand, foot, and mouth disease.
WHAT?!
Yep, that rash on his feet that I had chalked up to getting into something in the yard, the diaper rash that I chalked up to just a run of the mill diaper rash, the redness around his nose that I chalked up to allergies, and the 'booboo' in the mouth where all connected.
I had no idea.
And, of course, it is viral so there was absolutely nothing I could do for him.
And, of course, he had been around several of the cousins the day before whilst carrying this highly contagious virus.
Perfect.
Sigh...again.



This is where Noah spent the next 2 days.
Notice the flush in his oh-so-kissable cheeks.
I have never felt so helpless in all my life.
He was just so pathetic.
He keep a high fever until Saturday night and a low grade fever until Sunday night.
He woke up today with no fever, thank goodness.
We are on the mend, but, unfortunately, I think we infected James and Sarah's kids.
SORRY! I SWEAR I DIDN'T KNOW!

Because Noah was still running a fever, we didn't go to church on Sunday.
I am Nazi about not taking my kids to nursery when they are sick.
I think that is where Noah caught the yucka from so I try to spare other parents.
I felt horrible that Chris had to attend church by himself on Father's Day but it couldn't be helped.
I had made the kids adorable outfits to wear to church as well.
So, we are just gonna wear them next Sunday instead.
Aren't they adorable?!





I was beyond thrilled with how they turned out.

Chris got 2 video games that he wanted and then I made him this book as a surprise.




I used Snapfish.com to make the book.
It has 20 pages of pictures of Chris and his dad throughout the years.
If you will remember, Chris' dad was taken from us last September.
Chris got really emotional and said it was the best present he has ever gotten.
I am so glad he liked it.
We miss Grandpa Phil so much.

Today is Eden's 6 mos B-day.
I can hardly believe it.
After my emotional breakdown of a few weeks ago, I moved her into the nursery and into her crib.
Miraculously, she sleeps so much better in there.
She still doesn't make it completely through the night without waking up but I am able to just let her cry it out and she will generally go back to sleep fairly quickly.
Last Sunday she rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time.
Now she is a pro.
She is an extremely smiley baby.
The 2 things that people exclaim over the most are her hair and her smile.
I love that she is so happy.
That means I have to be doing something right...right?
She finds just about everything her big brother does to be hilarious.
She loves to laugh and does so easily.
She is also extremely ticklish.
This is the dress I made her to celebrate her 1/2 year b-day.



I know, cute, right?!
I love to make things for the kiddos, if you can't tell.

Well, if you have made it completely through this novel of a post, congrats and thanks for hanging in there.

Only 2 more posts to go until my 150th and a giveaway.

5 comments:

Lisha said...

Poor boy, hand foot mouth can be pretty viscious. I remember one time I watched Sam for my mom while she was out doing stuff and he had HFM really bad. He didn't want to swallow because his throat hurt so bad, so I made him spit in a cup, then I'd dump it outside, disinfect everything, and give it back to him. Carden was a baby, and I didn't want her to get it, but, knock on wood, the times my kids have had it, they haven't had it bad.

The outfits are precious, and I'm so thankful you had that stroke of inspiration for Chris' fathers' day gift... you are one amazing woman!

Beth said...

So Addie has hand foot and mouth right now too! Rash on feet, fingers and 2 huge blisters on her tongue and 2 huge ones on the back of her throat! She didn't sleep for 4 nights other than in 30 minute spurts alternated with 30 minutes of screaming, so the doctor finally called us in some Tylenol codine... Last night we finally got some sleep. We caught it in UT from cousins, and were around Maclane before we knew.... So far so good though...

I love the outfits!

Debbie said...

Poor Noah!! It is no fun having sick babies!

You are getting to be quite the pro with sewing cute little outfits. You'll have to start teaching me ;-)

I can't wait to see the book you made for Chris. I might have to make a book with pictures of my dad in it sometime. There are so many photo books that I want to make now.

Clarissa said...

What a post! I love the cute shirts you made and especially the precious photo book you made for Chris. I think I'd better keep my kid locked up in the house if that's going around! Poor little man. I hope he is feeling better!

Kim Mayfield said...

Poor Noah! I hope he feels better soon. We have fifth disease running through our bunch right now, but thankfully no one has had it that badly.

LOVE your cutie outfits!! You are so creative!