Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here We Go....Again

Sorry I haven't posted more pics yet but we have been dealing with some jaundice issues. Noah had jaundice pretty bad and had to be treated with several sessions of phototherapy. Eden, apparently, wants to be just like big brother. She started the therapy on Monday. For those who don't know, you have to strap your baby into this straight-jacket like thing that is attached to a light bed and they can only come off for feedings and diaper changes and only up to 30 min. at a time.

I ended up having to put the bed in the play yard because Noah kept trying to liberate his poor sister. He was determined to keep her company though. He would run off and play for a bit but he was always really good to come back and check up on her.

She has had to get countless heel sticks to check her jaundice levels. Noah has been present for several sticks and he gets very disturbed by it. Once we were in a room just around the corner from the lobby where Noah was waiting with my mom. When he heard her start to cry I could here him moan, "ooh,ooh,ooh". Mom said she had to stop him from coming to find her.
He also got a bit upset when he say me burp her for the first time. He came up to me, grabbed my hand and told me, "No, no!" I explained to him that I was being soft and that seemed to ease his mind a bit although he kept his eye on me after that. Now he will come up and lightly tap her on the back to help the bubbles move along.

We had a great Christmas morning. I was so happy to be out of the hospital and home with my little family. We let Noah open all of the presents, even mine and Chris's. He was so funny because he would tear off little pieces and hand them to me one by one. He got a good haul this year. We didn't get him a lot of presents, like we did last year, but we got him a few things that we knew he would really like.

Since we didn't get home from the hospital on Christmas Eve until after Noah was asleep, we opened out Christmas PJ's 1st thing Christmas morning. This is my favorite picture of the whole day.

And to finish off the marathon post I will post just some random cuteness of Eden.


6 comments:

Dawn, said...

I loved having a visit from Noah yesterday. I made the mistake of asking where his baby was, he went a lookin' for Eden. I love all the holiday photos.

Sandy said...

Look at all of that hair she has!! Precious! Did Noah have that much hair?

Mary said...

What an adorable baby! My favorite picture is the last one of her sucking her fingers. Sweet!

Lisha said...

I am dying to hold this precious little one. Kena's suffering with the croup right now and Nathan just threw up this morning, so hopefully we'll recover fast and be able to come squeeze her and Noah. Congrats!

Beth said...

She is beautiful! What a good big brother always watching over her... hehe!

Debbie said...

He's such a good big brother! I can't wait to see how Taylor does with the new baby! Taylor opened all of our presents, too, and was quite a pro!