Monday, February 25, 2008

Hot Momma Monday

Welcome to my 1st installment of HOT MOMMA MONDAY. I'm excited that so many of you have opted to join me in the quest of a healthier life (and a smaller booty!).

My purpose in extending an invite to others to join me is for us to share ideas, recipes, success, get support for an unmet goal, get encouragement, etc. What are your goals and how do you plan to get there? I thought maybe we could also get together occasionally for a picnic and a hike or a day at the pool. If anyone knows a nutritionist or a trainer maybe would could set up a class or something.

All of us have different, individual goals I am sure. We all have different equipment and different interests when it comes to working out. I love to read while I walk on the treadmill. I have gotten a book I have been wanting forever but I am not going to allow myself to read it unless I am on the treadmill. That is a little trick I learned from my sis, Misty. I am going to start a weight training program at home in an effort to tone as I shed pounds.

I am going to set up goals for myself and develop a reward system for goals met. This is something that I think will work for me. It will give me something to work for and something to look forward to. I am going to post MY goals and I would love to hear what you guys have in mind for yourselves.

As I mentioned before, my main goal is health but in order to reach that I need to lose some excess weight. I won't be telling you what I weigh now (horror!) but I will tell you that I would like to loose 30-35 lbs. I have also mentioned before my desire to get pregnant again this summer. It would be great to be able to lose that weight by the end of June but I am not going to make myself a prisoner to numbers. How much I weigh doesn't matter to me. I just want to feel better with my second pregnancy. I am going to take it a month at a time, work hard, and tweek anything that needs tweeking as I go along.

GOAL #1:Kim G. will be taking pictures of my entire family sometime at the end of April. My first goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of April. From today, there are 10 weeks until the last Monday in April so that means I need to lose about a pound a week. Totally doable!
REWARD FOR GOAL #1: New outfit for pictures.
HOW I AM GOING TO REACH THIS GOAL: I am going to work out for an hour a day, 5 days a week. I already started this last week and it is totally doable for me. Right now I am walking on the treadmill. I have increased my speed and incline from last week. I eventually want to get into jogging but that is another goal! Next week I am going to incorporate weight training. I need to do a little more research on that but I will pass along any info I gather. I also purchased Bob Greene's book The Best Life Diet. I am not one to follow a set up diet every meal of every day but the book is helpful in helping me to understand how my body works and it has recipes and I will be using the diet as a guideline.

So, sit down TODAY and work out a plan that will work for you. Let us all know what you have in mind. I look forward to hearing of your plans and maybe stealing your ideas to incorporate into my plan. heehee.

When you hear from me next Monday I WILL be 1 LB LIGHTER and on my way to being a HOT MOMMA!

7 comments:

danakat said...

Good luck this week!
I need to get on my treadmill tonight when the kids are in bed.
Knowing that you're doing it too will help me so much in actually getting off my butt.

Lisha said...

Great ideas, I'm so glad you started this! I'm copying your goal #1 and reward. Love the idea of the hikes/picnics, etc. There is a nutritionist in our ward, and there are two sisters in MAD 1 that teach classes at Riviera, so there are some options there, too. Fun! Let's all get HOT!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Juli Carlson is a nutritionist. She's helped me come up with an eating plan and I lost 5 lbs in one month! Then I got pregnant and enjoyed getting fat again, lol. Let me know if you want to plan a meeting. I can get with her about it. I should really do it again. :)

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

I forgot to tell you about this great site called spark people. It is great. It's all free. You can plan everything there, menus, work outs. You should really check it out. You can track your fitness and nutrition. sparkpeople.com

Mary said...

Hi Cari! Okay, I think I will join you too! I will start next week. I am ready for our next baby but I refuse to do it until I lose some weight!

Lacey Freeman said...

I love your idea of the hikes and picnics and what not and am so bummed I don't live there to join them. Keep up the posting of your journey because it totally motivates me...so hopefully I am going to be on the road to being a hot momma too!

Brandie Lyon said...

I would love to go on picnics with you, but I think it would be a long trip. I love watching biggest loser, but my rule is I have to excercise while I do it.