finally decided to take the advice and just let nature take its course. Welp, I was packing today for our trip to the beach next week and I went out to the garage for the suitcases. When I left him, he was on his tummy on the floor of my bedroom. When I returned HE WAS ON HIS BACK and looking quite confused as to how he got there. I couldn't believe it. I screamed with excitement and scared the crap out of him. I tried and tried to get him to do it again but he just wanted to play with his soccer ball. That is soo my luck.
I had resigned myself to the fact that he may not roll over at all because he has started doing push ups. I try to show him to get on his knees but he always goes back to lifting himself up on his toes. My 6 month old can do WAY more push ups than I can. How pathetic is that.
He has also started to shimmy. I can't say it is crawling or even army crawling because he will scoot around on his hands and toes. But he usually only goes backward and gets pretty upset when he hits a road block.
I was doing dishes and all the sudden he started screaming bloody murder so I go running in the living room expecting blood or something and this is what I find. And, like a good mom, I left him in his misery long enough to catch it on film.
He is so amazing. Everyday he does something new. Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE BEING A MOMMY!!!!
P.S. My sis-in-law, Sarah, gave birth to Ava Brielle Mayfield at 8:30 on Oct 3. She is exactly 6 mos younger then Noah. She was 6 lbs 13 oz. She is insanely cute. She has the tiniest nose I have ever seen. She looks a lot like Georgia. I am so happy for James and Sarah. Mommy and baby are doing well.
4 comments:
he is just too cute. i love the push up pictures. chase could probably do more than me too. haha. tell sarah and james congrats! they better bet ill be over to visit when we come home next week! post pictures!
How incredibly cute is he! I can't believe that he's already big enough to be doing these things. Carden hated floor time, too, must be a first baby thing. Swim trunks are packed!
haha.. those are funny pictures! I have Taylor on video doing "push ups." She would push up just like that, then come back down, then push up again... haha she was really getting some exercise.
Your little one is so mindblowingly cute! I don't know how you can get anything done from needing to smoosh him all the time. (I have the same problem with my little guy too.) :)
About rolling over...my middle one didn't roll over until after she sat up, which was also behind schedule. The doctor said she was just fat and happy. Fat and lazy, I thought. :)
Post a Comment