Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm Back...mostly




It has been a heck of a summer here at the Hozian house. Pinkeye several times, a wicked strain of strep, ear infections, sinus infections....you get the picture. Eden and I are still trying to fight off some sinus issues. I will be glad when we are all healthy again.

Chris has become obsessed with Powerwheels. You know, the little 'cars' that kids drive? We currently have 17. Yep, that's right. 17. They were mostly in my dining room and kitchen until I had a blowup one day. Chris then promptly wrapped them in tarps and put them in the backyard. Some are for parts. Most are for fun. Chris has a blast fixing them up and the kiddos LOVE to ride them. Win/win.

Here is a pic of one of our latest finds. Chris scored this Harley for $10.



I actually love this hobby for Chris (now that they are out of my way!) because it is something the whole family enjoys. Noah will have his play toolbelt and plastic tools all strapped on and ready to help with any repairs. He doesn't care about the cosmetics of the ride, he just wants to know if it will go 'whilly, whilly fast'. It is amazing to me how well Eden does on them. Her favorite is her 4 wheeler. It goes the perfect speed for her and she can go around our entire neighborhood just truckin along. We can be found most nights out for a walk/ride.

Now, if only I could convince Chris that the manufactors of the Powerwheels did not intend for grown men to ride them.

6 comments:

Lee Family said...

How fun!!! The kids look adorable. Eden's hair is so long. Glad you had a good summer.

Lee Family said...

PS..and I'm glad you guys are feeling better!

Lisha said...

Nate's mantra, can apply to Chris: "It's never too late to have a happy childhood." And the second one, "Disguised as a responsible adult." He picked these stickers up at a motorcycle shop... :)

chozian said...

There you go exaggerating everything again. "Most" of them were not in your way. A large number of them were, but not "most" of them. I moved a "couple" of them outside. "Most" of the ones in our dining room and kitchen ended up in the "man room". Details, Cari, details ... :P

We have 17 total. 16 of them are functioning and 1 is strictly for parts. A couple more should be on their way soon. ;)

There's nothing wrong with a 29 year old riding Power Wheels. LOL!

Yeah, I'm really impressed that Eden learned how turn on the Power Wheels as early as she did. From what I've read, most kids don't figure out how to steer that young.

chozian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chozian said...

Cari, was this blog post created using the iPhone app I purchased for you?