Saturday, October 24, 2009

Whatcha Think?

I have ubber good news.

On Tuesday, Misty and I went to a boutique/consignment shop at which her boss had gotten some crazy adorable bows for the 2 girls that Misty nannies.
I, of course, had Eden dressed in a smashing outfit topped off with a felt flower I had made to adorn her gorgeous hair.
It turned out that the chick who owns the shop is a former patient of mine from Dr. Callahan's office.
What a small world.
She remembered me and we got to chatting.
I was trying different bows in Eden's hair and the owner noticed her felt flower.
She said she LOVED it and said that she had a lady that had brought her some to sell but that she wasn't really in love with them. She felt they were too big and didn't have enough detail.
She said again, that she really loved mine.
With my heart beating like crazy, I said quickly, before I could loose my nerve,
"I'd be happy to bring you some samples of what I make if you'd be interested."
She gushed and said, "Yes, please!"
Can you believe it?!
I am so stinkin excited!
I've been tossing around the idea of opening an Etsy shop but I really don't want to fool with the shipping and custom orders.
So then I thought that maybe I could sell local but I didn't really know how to get started.
How awesome that this just kinda landed in my lap!

I have come up with 12 different designs.
I have a personilized bloom and then 11 others, each named after a special gal in my life.
Kaytlin
Savannah
Megan
Carden
Emmerson
Georgia
Taylor
Ava
Kenadie
Eden
and Bella.

I hope to be ready to post pics of each bloom soon but I need your help with something.
I NEED A NAME!
My sisters, mom, and I have come up with a few options but I just can't decide.
I kind of want something that plays off of Eden's name.
So, I will put it out there to you guys.
I am gonna let you know the names I have so far and you let me know which one you like best.
Also, if you have any suggestions, PLEASE feel free to send a shout out.
If I happen to choose a name you suggest you will get a bloom of your choice!

Here are some suggestions:
Flowers of Eden
Bloomin' Bows
Blossoms of Eden
Hairblooms (instead of hair bows)
Eden's Blooms

Any of these strike your fancy?

Here are some words to get your creative juices flowin if you think you can come up with something fabulous.

bloom
blossom
petal
Eden
wildflower
meadow
mane
tresses
locks
bouquet

Anyone?...Anyone?

13 comments:

Jessica Eastman said...

I like Eden's Hairblooms.

Jessica said...

Flowers of Eden and Bloomin' Bows are good... All I could think of was Awesome Blossom.. haha

Sandy said...

Eden's Garden
Eden's Posies
Eden's Posey
Petal's of Eden
Eden's Petals

That's all I got.

Sandy said...

I thought of one more..
Eden's Secret Garden?

Jude and Ashley said...

Wow...that is great Cari. How exciting. I love that you are naming all of the flowers after Eden and all of your nieces. I like all of your suggestions. I thought of a different one. What about Eden's Meadow. I imagine a meadow filled with tons of beautiful flowers (bows). Just an idea.

danakat said...

My favorite is Hairblooms. LOVE it! That way it covers all possible flower names/types and if you have another daughter, you won't have to worry about her name being left out of your brand name. But all of the suggestions are precious.

Becki said...

I like Eden's Hairblooms too. I am so excited for you! Way to speak out and be brave. :) ps. LOVE my bucket. Thanks again!

Becki said...

Then again, if you ever wanted to open it up to more than just hair blooms, (you have soo many cute creative totally marketable ideas) something like Eden's Secret Garden or one that is a little more broad would be good too. Good luck!

John Mazanis said...

My first thought was Eden's Meadow. But I saw someone already thought of that one! :) I love all the ideas but I really like that one. And I can't wait to see them!!

Unknown said...

YAY for you!! You SOOOO deserve it. They are amazingly cute.
I like Eden's Garden. :)

Lisha said...

I love Hairblooms and Eden's Blooms. 'Bloom' just sounds so fresh and young and ALIVE. Love it all! Congrats!

Ohhh... and I love the Eden's Meadow suggestion.

Debbie said...

I'm so excited for you! The flowers are just gorgeous! I can't wait to see all of the different styles. I like Flowers from Eden but I also like Eden's Garden or Eden's Meadow in case you want to do different things other than just flowers.

*Lisa* said...

Did you already decide on something? I read this a few days ago but am slow commenting. I kept thinking about you. I would go with something a little more broad to keep it open to other products once you have established yourself, but that's just me. Especially since little girls' fashion fads change a lot. The idea I thought of was something like "Eden's Fancy" (a little double meaning there).

Good luck with this! Can't wait to see (wish I had girls!) You should do an etsy store too- you could totally ship in envelopes flat rate and it would be easy peasy.