Have you ever seen anything more adorable in your life?
(Like the good mom I am, I forgot to bring a camera so this pic was taken on Misty's cellphone.)
(Like the good mom I am, I forgot to bring a camera so this pic was taken on Misty's cellphone.)

The nurse commented on how early we were. I told her we were told we had to be there that early. She said that was more for old people who have a lot of medications they have to go over. Well, Thanks!
Noah did great while we waited. Chris had taken the day off work and Mom and Misty had come up to be with him so he had plenty of people to entertain him. He was content unless a stranger tried to come near him. It's like he knew what was coming. Luckily, the doctor was early so a male nurse came to get him at about 7:00. He took him and literally ran out of the room because the moment he got close, Noah started to freak. I almost lost it. I knew he would be fine but HE didn't know that.
They told us to go back out into the lobby to wait. I made a pit stop at the gift shop and got Noah the most adorable turtle ever made. I thought he would like something to snuggle when he was all done. By the time I was done buying the turtle a nurse was ready to take us back to be with Noah. Wow, that was fast! She took us to a room and told us to wait again. As we were waiting some doors across the hall from us opened and I could hear my baby screaming his head off. I shot out of my chair as fast as I could but the doors closed before I got to them. I stood there, just staring in the little windows for any sign of my boy. About a minute later his doctor came and said that I could go back. He had to lead me to Noah and it felt like he was going SO SLOW. Finally, we rounded a corner and I saw him, screaming his head off and fighting a poor nurse for all he was worth. I ran the last few steps to him, dropping his turtle, and scooped my precious baby up. He just crumpled against me and I almost lost it again. He was still kind of out of it. It was really hard to see him like that. He just cried and cried. After we were back there for about 5-10 minutes they let Chris come back. I could see the relief on Chris's face as he got to lay his eyes on Noah for himself.
He kept up the crying until they loaded us up in a wheelchair and we left the recovery room. He had pretty much stopped by the time we got to Mimi and Grannie in the lobby. We then loaded up in the car and headed home. He didn't last very long on the way home. We all crawled into bed together and took a long nap. I just held him, never wanting to let him go again. If he ever has to have anything serious done I am so going to be good for nothing.
He woke up from his nap just fine and hasn't had a lick of a problem since. He has his 2 week checkup this Thursday so we will see how that goes.
6 comments:
Ah. You made me cry! Just tubes, I guess, but still, I know that was hard for you guys! Bless his little heart. Glad to hear everything went well!
Poor baby! I'm sure he'll feel so much better now though.
The story broke my heart.
The picture made me laugh out loud.
Hope all goes well with his ears post-surgery!
I've heard it can be so scary for hte little ones to wake up in the hospital. I would have cried too! I'm glad he's ok and feeling better too.
That boy is so cute he even makes a hospital gown look good!!
Glad he is feeling better!
Oh, Cari!! I didn't know he had such a hard time with it! Taylor did so well, and the only time she really cried was when she saw me after the surgery-- almost like relief. Jared said I seemed upset that she didn't cry when they took her from us, but I was just soo surprised and actually very grateful because I know I would have fallen apart, too. I'm glad it's all over with and that he's doing well!
Post a Comment