Monday, December 29, 2008

What A Week

We have had an insanely eventful week here at Hozians, Inc. I have a ton of pics but only a few moments to post so I will get those up later.

Monday Dec. 22 Eden made her arrival. I went in for my normal weekly appt. and found out I had gained 4 lbs in 5 days and my blood pressure was off. My doc was concerned that I was developing preeclampsia. Combine that with the fact that I almost had to have a C-section with Noah and my doc and I decided it would be best to induce. So, I headed over to the Labor and Delivery at Crestwood. The labor and delivery went well except when my epidural wore off and I felt every contraction as I dilated from 5-9 centimeters. All I'm gonna say is, OUCH!! But, I was able to get the epidural redone before it came time to push so I was thankful for that. Three pushes and Eden was here.

Tuesday Dec. 23 Noah met his lil' sis for the 1st time. At first he wasn't too sure about her because I was feeding her when he arrived. But, by the time he left he couldn't get enough of her.

Wednesday Dec. 24 we made it home at about 9:30 pm. Noah was already in bed (my fab sis, Misty, had brought him home and put him to bed for us). I had been missing him like crazy. My equally fab sis, Dawn, had kept him for us while we where in the hospital. He loves it out there on the farm. He probably didn't miss me at all.

Thursday Dec 25 we had a great Christmas morning together, even though Chris and I where basically zombies. Noah loved opening presents and wanted to share all the bows and ribbons with Eden. That night we headed out to Dawn's for the annual family dinner out there. I had my first postpartum breakdown. It was really quite dramatic but it was all Misty's fault. She asked me how I was. Who does that?! Hee!

Friday Dec 26 I turned the big 3-0. My hubby had planned a B-day party for me. Misty put it best when she said that he was sweet enough to throw me a party and smart enough to bring my sisters in on the planning. So, once again, we headed out to Dawn's for some fun. No emotional breakdowns this time.

Saturday Dec 27 we headed out to Bridgestreet to do a little shopping and to get Eden in the sun because she was looking yellow to me. We got Chris 4 pairs of pants for $40! I think I over did it though because I was pretty sore the rest of the day and the next. So much for being Superwoman.

Sunday Dec 28 was Chris's birthday. He reminded me on several occasions throughout the day that he was only 28 and he couldn't believe he was married to a 30 year old. Urg! We had a great day just hanging out and being together.

Life is good!

5 comments:

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Sounds like a wonderful week, postpartum and all. Glad she is here and you are both healthy and strong. What a pretty little girl! You have super cute kiddos.

Clarissa said...

Wow! You really are Superwoman!! What an exciting and exhausting week for you! Happy Birthday late!! And Matt is a year and 4 months (yes I count the months) younger. I simply informed him that when I turn 30, so will he and that the Lord would overlook the little white lie. You may try that with Chris :).

Beth said...

Wow, what a week! I don't know how in the world you could even make it out of the house!!! I was so overwhelmed with Addie I couldn't pee much less leave the house!!! I want some pics when you have time!

Brandie Lyon said...

Man, I thought Decembers were bad for us as far a celebrations go. You're just as bad as us.

Debbie said...

I totally understand the breakdown-- I always seem to hold it in pretty good until someone asks how I'm doing, too, but hey it's good to let your emotions out. As Shrek would say, "better out than in" ;-)