Monday, May 5, 2008

Hot Momma Monday

Okay, seriously, I am back. My SIL, Debbie, posted some pics of us all at one of our garden club meetings. When I clicked on her collage to blow it up I saw someone and for a split second I didn't know who it was because they looked pregnant. Welp, turns out, IT WAS ME!!!! Serious kick to the ego. It is so crazy how we can not really see ourselves the way we really are when we are looking in the mirror everyday. Urg!

So, once again, I am recommitting myself to developing a healthy lifestyle. I have to get a handle on things now because I know that my choices not only affect me, but they affect my family as well. If I eat nothing but crap, my kids are gonna do the same thing.

My SIL, Sarah, has been going to the gym lately and she shared with me some strength training exercises using the big ball. I am looking forward to trying those out. I am going to get back to doing cardio when Noah goes down for his morning nap. I have been trying to accomplish other things during that time, telling myself that I will get on the treadmill after he goes down for the night. But, I never do it. I am really good at finding some excuse as to why I can't do it. Lazy!

Stay tuned for my progress. And, please, offer encouragement. I need all the help I can get. Also, if you have any healthy recipes I could use them as well. Here we go again!!!!

4 comments:

Lacey Freeman said...

Im really good at making excuses too...but it all just boils down to me being a big lazy blob. haha. Good luck to you!

Beth said...

I feel ya! I am having a hard time being good!

MCA said...

(This is Carly) Cari I am the absolute worst at being good. I think about all the times I could work out during the day, or how I should not be eating ALL day, or how I should eat better. I think about it but I am so lazy and I don't act on it. Boo. I need to commit myself like you do...

Debbie said...

I'm sorry. I didn't mean for my pictures to make you feel bad about yourself!

I feel pretty lazy, too! I really need to start exercising. I know.. I know.. everyone always says, "you don't need to lose weight!" but exercise is important just in general. It's good for you physically, mentally, emotionally, etc. It just makes you feel better!