Saturday, September 1, 2007
Ode to Poop
Tonight Chris and I went to dinner with the mother of his friend who passed away a few months ago. We went to the Po-Boy Factory on Andrew Jackson. It is one of those whole-in-the-wall kind of places. I ordered a chicken finger po-boy, of course. As we are waiting for the order I picked Noah up to play with him. He was wearing a white polo shirt and some denim cargo shorts. That is why I got confused for a split second when I realized his entire back was yellow. Thats right! He had had a complete blowout. It was all over his back and all over the car seat too. When I took him to the bathroom it just got better and better. Let me remind you that this is a whole-in-the-wall kind of place so you can imagine the state of the bathroom. To make matters worse there was no counter what so ever to change him on. I had to take this small blanket I had brought and lay in on THE FLOOR!! I laid Noah down on it, getting poopy on it as well as everything else, and I had to kneel on the floor to proceed to clean up the massive mess. It was everywhere. It always amazes me how poop can defy gravity. By the time I had Noah cleaned up and changed into a different outfit he had had enough of the hard, cold floor. But, I still had poop in the car seat to clean up and I still had to rinse out his clothes. By the time I was done he was screaming bloody murder and you know how well sound travels in a bathroom. I actually busted a sweat with this diaper change. When can you start potty training?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha... aw man... sounds like Taylor's blow out at Logan's! I still wish I had gone and complained that they didn't have a diaper changing station. Luckily, I was holding her when she started pooping so it didn't get in her car seat and luckily it didn't get all over me either!
Hey Cari,
I don't mind one bit. I like when people see my blog. Plus, I've been sneaking peeks at your site. I like to see what everyone is up to!
-Ashley
p.s. I'm adding you to my friends list =)
haha. that is awful! i remember those days...but let me tell you potty training isn't much better...(have you read about my target experience?) although i must say chase has gotten better about telling me when he needs to go..but it doesn't always work. and as i am writing this chase came running up to me and told me his poo poo falled out. i better go! oh and by the way...noah is so dang cute!
Post a Comment